Cupping has been in use since 1550 B.C.E and uses cups of different sizes to create a vacuum over the skin which greatly increases blood flow and skin oxygenation while speeding up the body’s excretion of carbon dioxide and toxins via the lymphatic system.
It differs from bloodletting in that no cuts or incisions are made, and can be used for virtually the same problems as bloodletting:
- Chronic weariness and tiredness.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Removing toxins caused by tobacco and alcohol use (detox).
- Fibromyalgia syndrome, head, neck, back and waist pains.
- Poor sexual performance, lack of sexual desire, infertility and irregular periods.
- Migraines and sinusitis.
- Skin problems such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and hair loss.
- Depression, anxiety, concentration and sleep problems.
- Digestive system problems such as heartburn and indigestion.
- Speeding up growth and development in children, childhood hyperactivity and depression.
A single cupping session is as effective as 5 normal massage sessions.